The Embroiderers' Guild Online Community
Looking for inspiration,
seeking to improve your skills,
or just want to share what you do?
Have you just started to embroider and want to learn more?
Did you stitch in the past, and would love to pick up a needle and thread again?
Are you tired of stitching the same old same things, and would like to explore new techniques, create your own designs, and develop your skills?
Would you like to make new friends who are as passionate about fabric and thread as you are?
Perhaps you are looking for a friendly and welcoming space to talk about embroidery and textile art. Maybe even try a few new ideas ...but
- you are too busy to commit to a regular meeting every month
- you cannot find or get to a branch or club near you
- you just do not have the time to meet with others on a formal and regular basis.
What if ...
There was a community you could join and visit on your terms and in your own time?
You could stay in the comfort of your home - and still meet others who are passionate about stitch and textile art?
You had access to a regularly published programme that would inform, inspire, and intrigue you?
You had a library of stitches and other embroidery resources that were only a few clicks away?
You could share your work with others – and ask for help and advice if you needed it?
What you really want to do is ...
- find an online community you can join and visit on your terms and time frame
- commit yourself to regular online sessions depending on your time available
- stay in the comfort of your home - and meet others who are passionate about stitch and stuff
- know the time of the session up front - and be able to organise your other life demands accordingly
- you really want to pick up a needle and thread again... with encouragement and fun attached to it
- you want to be challenged and encouraged and discover new stitch ideas
- you no longer want to stitch the same old same old items - but are not sure how to go about discovering more with out just reading books
- you want to expand your textile craft horizons, use different materials, learn different stitches, discover more about textile artists and be encouraged and inspired to try different ideas.
Join ThreadIT Now
Not a member of the Embroiderers' Guild?
Choose the Guild and ThreadIT Membership option in the shop.
ThreadIT is just the space for you -
Give ThreadIT a try ...
Connect in with others across the world who love sharing their passion about stitch, textile design and textile art with others in a friendly and welcoming space.
Embroiderers' Guild Membership
100 Hearts - a Guild project featuring 600 unique hearts made by members
Slapsole - a part of our Collection
Members working and creating together
What does ThreadIt offer?
We talk about stitch and textile techniques, we share our projects and work in progress, we ask for help with projects, we recommend places to visit, or just talk stitch with friends.
Online Access - across the Globe
As an online community we are “open” 24 hours a day… or at least our members are. Jump online into the Community Room and find others who share your passion and who could be awake when you are! Or find an article to give you just what you need to progress your piece.
Regular updates and deepening knowledge
We do this in various ways. We publish different feature articles covering stitches, textiles and artistic ideas . We interview Textile Artists, award winners, members. In fact anyone who can help us to think differently about our stitching. We explore stitches and techniques, we search for sources of inspiration and projects to stitch.
Ongoing inspiration and challenges to stretch boundaries
We understand it is sometimes hard to remain motivated and enthused. Particularly when our project is just not coming together or the stitch will not lie properly. We have different programmes and events to inspire and challenge. We take part in the Guild events and Projects to share different views. We look to discover and share the techniques of yesteryear and the thrill of using them for tomorrow’s pieces.
Growing Library of resources
Looking for “How to do’s”. Our growing library of resources contains: Extensive Stitch, Techniques and Product libraries; Vintage Magazines, patterns and motifs; Inspirational images and portfolios of work from influential and contemporary artists.
Join a Charity for Stitch & Textile Art
Objects include nurturing talents and skills development
We have a Collection of 5000+ embroideries made over 12 Centuries across the globe
Dating from the 9th Century through to 21st Century; international and UK.These are housed and cared for by the guild and available for members to see and visit
Annual Events and Activities
Projects, exhibitions and challenges for members
A network of 168 Branches and 58 Groups across the UK
There may be a local branch near you!